Our client located in Hamilton is seeking a 433A Red Seal Millwright to join their food manufacturing facility.
This is a permanent opportunity. Competitive wage, benefits, allowances and more!
433A Red Seal Millwright
- Responsible for completing a work order schedule in cooperation with departments and the Maintenance/ Production Supervisors/ Maintenance Manager
- Performs all repairs and follows the preventative maintenance schedule thoroughly and accurately to sustain optimal performance of equipment and minimize downtime and costs while in compliance with HACCP rules, JSA’S, SOP’s and other requirements.
- All work performed and completed may require skills such as electrical, PLC programming, refrigeration, hydraulics, pneumatics, vacuum, plumbing, fabricating and other areas as needed.
- Responsible for trouble shooting of machinery to minimize down time; acts upon an intense sense of urgency to on-floor calls and emergencies.
- Responsible for a qualified and safe operation of the power plant (boiler, etc.)
- Operates the following machinery/equipment in compliance with HACCP, JSA’S and SOPS:
- Hand Tools
- Power Tools
- Welding/cutting equipment
- Air tools
- Material handling equipment like Power Jack’s/ Fork Lifts/ Pallet Jack/ lifts/ hoists, etc.
- All plant or departmental machinery and equipment as required.
- Ensures that all required documentation is completed correctly and on time. This may include Daily Time Sheets, Pre- operational forms, Preventative Maintenance logs, temperature recording and equipment monitoring, work orders, inventory counts, etc.
- Responsible for housekeeping and maintaining a tidy, clean and safe work area on the floor and in the maintenance shop. Follows established cleaning protocols.
- Acts as a liaison for contractors conducting repairs in the Plant.
- Must practice good communication skills with Maintenance Team Members, Production Supervisors and Management and all plant associates. Has good teamwork and inter-personal communication skills.
- Responsible for compliance to Health & Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety and Environmental standards at all times.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Actively participate in, and report all Health & Safety/Quality issues to Shift Supervisor/QA
- Attends all meetings as required
- Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Completion of high school
- 3-5 years of experience
- 433A Red Seal Industrial Millwright License
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Proven knowledge and experience repairing and troubleshooting PLC’s i.e. Allen Bradley SLC500 & Omron Controls
- Strong decision making, problem solving troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and ability
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Must be able to work with minimal or no supervision
- Able to work alone and as a team member
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Must be willing to work scheduled (day/ afternoon/ night) shifts and weekends
- Must be prepared to work extra overtime hours when required
- Must have excellent work & attendance record
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations
- Warm and humid working environment
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Physically demanding, heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work 12-hour rotating continental shift
$33 – $35 per hour, commensurate with experience
And much more
Interested candidates, please send your resume in confidence to Karen: email@example.com