Our client is looking for a 442A Red Seal Industrial Electrician to work in their food manufacturing facility.
This is a permanent opportunity. Competitive wage, benefits, allowances and more!
442A Red Seal Industrial Electrician
- Responsible for completing a work schedule in cooperation with departments and the Maintenance/ Production Supervisors/ Maintenance Manager
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair:
– Electrical equipment (AC Drives, power controls circuits, starters, MCCs)
– Microprocessor based systems (PLCs, DCS, Electronic circuits, controls)
– Low and medium voltage distribution systems (single and three phase systems)
– Instrumentation (pneumatic controls, PID, transducers, servos, analog/digital signals)
– Power distribution and generation (generators, transformers, switchgears, breakers)
– Communication and Data Systems (closed circuit TV, timekeeping, phone/computer)
– HVAC, emergency systems (boilers, refrigeration, energy control, alarm)
- Performs all duties thoroughly and accurately to sustain optimal performance of equipment and minimize downtime and costs while in compliance with HACCP rules, JSA’S, SOP’s and other requirements.
- Actively participates in our electrical preventive maintenance program on processing equipment. Recommend and implement corrective action and required repairs
- Responsible for trouble shooting of machinery to minimize down time; acts upon an intense sense of urgency to on-floor calls and emergencies.
- Responsible for a qualified and safe operation of the power plant
- Ensures that all required documentation is completed correctly and on time. This may include Daily Time Sheets, Preventative Maintenance logs, equipment monitoring, work orders, inventory counts, etc.
- Responsible for housekeeping and maintaining a tidy, clean and safe work area on the floor and in the maintenance shop. Follows established cleaning protocols.
- Acts as a liaison for contractors conducting repairs in the Plant.
- Must practice good communication skills with Maintenance Team Members, Production Supervisors and Management and all plant associates. Has good teamwork and inter-personal communication skills.
- Responsible for compliance to Health & Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety and Environmental standards at all times.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Actively participate in, and report all Health & Safety/Quality issues to Shift Supervisor/QA
- Attends all meetings as required
- Performs other duties as required
Required Experience and Education:
- Completion of high school
- 3-5 years of experience in a highly automated industrial manufacturing environment
- 442A Red Seal Industrial Electrician License
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong electrical, instrumentation, automation, pneumatics experience required
- Medium Voltage, Weigh Scales, Vision Systems, HMI, Siemens S5/S7, Allen Bradley SLC5 PLC, VFD, Servomotors, Profibus / Ethernet Network Communications experience essential.
- Strong decision making, problem solving troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and ability
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Able to work alone and as a team member
- Must be able to work with minimal or no supervision
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Must be willing to work scheduled (day/ afternoon/ night) shifts and weekends
- Must be prepared to work extra overtime hours when required
- Must have excellent work & attendance record
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations
- Warm and humid working environment
- Work with chemicals
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Physically demanding, heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work 12-hour rotating continental shifts
$33 – $35 per hour, commensurate with experience
Interested candidates, please send your resume in confidence to Karen: email@example.com