Job Title: Civil Engineering Technologist
Pay Rate: 45,000-50,000/annually
Location: Barrie, ON
About the Role: Under the supervision of the Director of Engineering, the position performs a variety of functions. These duties include but are not limited to assisting with drawing and designs, assisting with installations of Sorbweb products and systems and consults on site. The remaining points are inserted under the duties and responsibilities section.
- Work closely with engineers, technicians, technologists and Project Managers in the preparation of document and drawing packages for the company’s patent engineering product.
- Preparation of report figures, design concepts, technical specifications and calculations.
- Participate in solving particularly challenging technical problems.
- 3D modelling of project features and designs.
- Carry out civil engineering design and prepare drawings in accordance with project CAD standards.
- Develop cost-effective design layouts based on project specifications and requirements.
- Use software and technologies to develop effective designs.
- Responsible for the development of Sorbweb and related product lines.
- Civil Engineering Diploma or Degree required.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCad.
- Flexibility to travel 50% of the time both in and out of the country and must have a valid passport allowing international travel.
- 1 year of work experience preferred. Co-op experience will be considered.
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License to operate own, company and/or rental vehicle and be able to provide a clean driving abstract.
Interested candidates kindly send your resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your interest in the opportunity. You will be contacted if your qualifications and experiences meet our requirements.