Job Title : CNC Machinist (5 Axis)
Location : Newmarket, ON
Pay Rate : $28/hr. Benefits after 3 months’ probation.
We are seeking a CNC Machinist with experience working on 5 Axis Machine for our client in Newmarket.
Our client is a world leader in the design, build and development of large high pressure die cast tooling, serving the company’s powertrain, body and structural component customers globally.
You will be working in the Machining department and your job responsibilities will be:
- Set-up, program and operate a 5 axis Mazak machining center.
- Operate vertical or horizontal 5 axis CNC mills in machining of steel.
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; trimming heads.
This role requires working rotational shift and over-time hours as per business requirement.
Interested candidates, please send your resume in confidence to Cherrie Chawla at firstname.lastname@example.org