Cost Accountant – 1 Year Contract
Avery HR is currently hiring for a motivated Cost Accountant for a 1-year contract. The position performs variety of costing, pricing, monitoring and reporting functions. These duties include but are not limited to product costing, BOM maintenance, labour and variance reporting, adjustments and corrective actions, inventory record keeping, as well as all cost accounting functions.
- Responsible for creating bills of materials (BOM) for items produced
- Responsible for maintaining and updating BOM’s within the ERP system.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and rolling up costs of products within the ERP system and ensuring that BOM’s are costed appropriately.
- Reviews and investigates material and labour variances to root out inefficiencies and scrap to ensure product costing model is in alignment with actual costs.
- Works with design team to develop initial product costing model on new products.
- Works with the Manufacturing team to perform time studies on new and existing products, processes or equipment.
- Works with the Manufacturing team to improve tracking of production efficiency and utilization and develop a reporting model.
- Helps to refine and improve the current product costing model, including determination of overhead, fixed vs. variable costs.
- Reviews invoicing for proper margins, and cost analysis.
- Runs inventory and WIP interfaces within the ERP system for GL assignment.
- Assists in the review of large quotes with management team.
- Oversees the Physical Inventories including administering external audit. Reconciles Physical Inventory Difference Report against the GLs.
- Maintains the WIP account expensing variances in a timely manner.
- Prepares reports and briefs for management as required.
- Liaisons between operations and accounting on all issues relating to cost rates, manufacturing standards, resolution of all manufacturing variances.
- Participates in the ISO annual audit as needed.
- Maintains complete knowledge of and complies with company and department policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintains client and company confidence by keeping information confidential and secure.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with team members and management as part of a team environment.
- Completion of an Accounting Degree or Diploma.
- 3+ years’ working within a Cost Accountant role.
- 3+ years’ working experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Excel and ERP capabilities.
To apply, please send your resume to Amrit at email@example.com or call 905-247-0280 for more information.