Job Title : Customer Support for Mass Cytometry Products & Applications
Location : Markham, Ontario
Duration : 1-Year Contract
If customers have questions or issues during experiments, we help with that, if data looks off, we help with that. This position is to provide customer support for mass cytometry products and is applications focused, which means the use of our instruments, sample prep, antibody staining, all the things that go into running the unit.
Will involve tracking performance metrics providing timely responsiveness to customers, allowing time to resolve and for proper documentation of those in SalesForce.
Seeking someone that has worked in flow cytometry and/or mass cytometry, typically these come from an immunology background.
Ideally seeking someone with a research background that can think through problems. Can teach them about the technology.
- Position will be focused on customer interaction, candidate will need to be able to deal with adversity i.e. when customer asks them to do something they can’t do, how do they respond?
- Provide exceptionally competent phone and email support to our customers, distributors and staff
- Serve as our primary customer contact on technical product and application-related issues, resolving issues and tackling queries in a manner that inspires confidence
- Take full ownership of assigned cases, guiding them through troubleshooting or escalation to final resolution
- Track customer complaints, identifying trends and conducting failure investigation with cross-functional teams, all the while meticulously following SOP to ensure that every customer interaction gets logged into the call tracking database
- Develop customer-facing training materials and documents
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years of experience, 5 preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have a completed bachelor’s degree from a scientific background, preferably Immunology or related field.
- Ideally would have 2-5 years of relevant experience in Mass Cytometry, flow cytometry or an allied discipline, and at least three years of customer or technical support experience. Alternatively, Masters or PhD in Science with 2 years of relevant experience in Mass Cytometry or flow cytometry.
- Proven experience in at least one of the following: sample preparation, data acquisition or data analysis
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills combined with a genuine desire to see the customer succeed
- Self-motivation, attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- The ability to thrive on challenge within a dynamic organization at the forefront of scientific progress
- Desired: Experience in customer support (preferably in the life sciences)
Interested candidates kindly submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest in the opportunity, however only qualified candidates would be contacted.