Job Title: Electrician/Maintenance Technician
Avery HR is hiring for a qualified Electrician/Maintenance Technician for a full time permanent position for a brand new food manufacturing facility in Cobourg.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing a wide variety of skilled activities ranging from the troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of our mechanized production equipment.
Your work experience and mechanical aptitude, combined with your ability to work from diagrams, schematics, manufacturer’s specifications and operation manuals will make you the successful candidate for this position and a valuable member of the team.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative/scheduled maintenance on pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, moguls, drying rooms, compressors, etc.
- Inspect machinery and mechanical equipment in order to detect any irregularities or malfunctions and repair as necessary.
- Contribute to the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of vacuum, hydraulic, nitrogen and pneumatic systems, electric motors, etc.
- Install, align, dismantle and/or relocate equipment as required, using equipment such as hoisting and lifting devices, jacks and power trucks, etc.
- Fabricate parts as required.
- Assist Millwrights when required.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- A high school diploma is required. A post-secondary diploma in a related field is a definite asset.
- 2-3 years relevant work experience is required, preferably in the food industry
- Electrical knowledge is required.
- Basic welding an asset
- Experience using a variety of power and hand tools.
- Experience with progressive logic controls is preferred.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario and the Industrial Regulations.
- Effective communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Working knowledge of computer software programs such as Outlook
- Work is physically demanding, requiring lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Work requires fine motor skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com