Are you a passionate Health & Safety professional looking for a new challenge with a great Global organization? Our client is a well known company providing innovation, manufacturing and distribution of goods to the food manufacturing industry around the world looking to add an experienced Health and Safety Supervisor to their team based in Mississauga.
Job Title Health & Safety Supervisor
The Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor is responsible to manage the organization’s safety programs to protect employees and the company against harm, and maintain safe working conditions. Formulates and suggests work safety standards, and enforces procedures. Risk prevention areas include hazardous materials exposure, accidents, fires, or other unsafe conditions. Meets compliance and reporting requirements of provincial and federal legislation for all Regions. Advises management on problem correction.
- Oversees the development, management and implementation of a variety of safety programs to ensure regulatory compliance as mandated by provincial and federal legislation.
- Oversees the management, implementation and coordination of the safety program to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial losses; develops accident-prevention and loss-control systems and programs for incorporation into operational policies of the company.
- Oversees the management, implementation and coordination of the fire safety program to reduce or eliminate injuries, death, financial and property losses due to fire related incidents; oversees the development of fire prevention programs for incorporation into the operational policies of the company.
- Oversees and manages the response to and investigation of reports of hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions; reviews recommendations and/or takes appropriate action in order to mitigate potential safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Coordinates the division annual budget and assists in the development of capital expenditure budgets related to environmental, health and safety programs; develops and justifies budget requests.
- Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the company to ensure efficient and safe operation of the unit.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program/project effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
- Ensures contractor code compliance by managing the interaction between departmental personnel and contractors, facility planning and physical plant personnel; oversees plan review coordination with facility planning and physical plant and the developed recommendations and remedial actions as appropriate.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and presentation of environmental health and safety training programs
- Oversees the development and implementation of systems to maintain records on employees, equipment inventories, and compliance activities.
- Accountable for initial and ongoing training of all FT employees and temporary staff
- Accountable for all WSIB, CSST related paperwork and compliance
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
- Comply with company policies on hygiene, safety and quality
- Responsible for Food Safety and Quality of manufactured and distributed products. Responsible for providing tools, resources and training for the Operations team to maintain Food Safety and Quality standards based on Prerequisite programs, HACCP plans, CCP monitoring and SQF code. Managers are responsible for internal auditing, implementing and maintaining corrective/preventative action plans and Annual Management review.
- Provide the necessary resources to implement, support, and enforce the health and safety policies and programs within the company by working in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, safe work practices and procedures established by company.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 to 7 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Associate Safety Professional (ASP).
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal safety regulations, protocols, and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of chemical, hazardous waste, industrial hygiene, and/or environmental health standards.
- Skill in developing accident-prevention and loss-control systems.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs and protocols.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Ability to direct project inspection programs and ensure contractor code compliance.
Please send resumes in confidence to: Alex email@example.com