Our client located in Bolton, Ontario is hiring a Human Resource Generalist, to join their team.
- Creates job descriptions, posts open positions on various channels, reviews candidate applications, conducts pre-screen interviews, recommends candidates to hiring managers, coordinates interview scheduling for all roles
- Coordinates directly with agencies to fill open roles as required
- Conducts orientation for all new full-time and agency employees, familiarizing them with policies, procedures, and working environment
- New employee onboarding including workstation, access card and IT setup
- Maintains employee roster and up to date well-organized employee records, including timekeeping records for vacation taken, & flex days used
- Communicates to payroll all relevant information such as new hires, time off, hours worked, wage rate changes, and employee information updates
- Review’s and approves weekly timesheets for 3rd party employment agencies
- Benefits program coordinator
- Prepares required documentation consistent with past practice and current policy; employment confirmation letters, disciplinary letters, wage increase letters & Record of Employment
- First point of contact for employee questions in the areas of pay & time off policies, actively supports open door policy through words and behaviors
- Ensures employee training meets requirements of all provincial and federal government mandated programs
- Safety, Recognition, Recruiting & Benefits budgets
- Target 85% of hourly workforce made up of full time employees
- Navigating ambiguity.
- Must develop clear understanding of current business conditions and future goals. Able to anticipate and plan for the most likely people resource requirements in the areas of engagement, retention, skills, and competencies.
- Collaborate with leadership team on business expansion initiatives, contributing to strategic planning broadly and bringing HR specific expertise to decision making ·
- Ability to exercise a high degree of discretion with confidential information Collaborating, creating, and implementing effective human resource policies that enable the shift from current state of high labor / low automation to low labor / high automation.
- Avoiding the trap of unintended consequences.
- Strong understanding of Employment Standards Act (Ontario) & Human Rights Code Degree in Human Resources or related field
- CHRP considered an asset but not required ·
- Minimum of 2 years in a related Human Resources role, manufacturing environment considered a strong asset
- Must have 2 years of experience with full cycle recruitment including experience with various hiring channels and methods, candidate review, and pre-screening
- Integrity & Trust, maintain confidential information
- Developing direct reports Managing diversity
- Comfort around higher management Standing alone
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: $60-80K (Depending on experience)
- 2 weeks vacations
- 5 Sick days
Interested applicants please submit your resume in confidence to: Jenn – firstname.lastname@example.org