Avery HR is seeking a dynamic, self-starter HR Generalist on behalf of our client in Toronto. Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by providing expertise in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, employee benefits, compensation and other HR related programs and services.
As a collaborative, high performing individual, the successful candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure in our fast-paced, complex work environment. The HR Generalist will build positive relationships with HR team members and throughout the organization and contribute to creative and innovative initiatives, aligned with the company’s strategic direction.
Job Title: HR Generalist
Location: Downsview, ON
- Manage full cycle recruitment including preparation of job postings; screening applicants and recommending candidates for interviews to Hiring Managers.
- Implement strategies to execute and maintain a healthy pipeline of talent.
- Conduct reference checks and prepare employment contracts.
- Researches best practices to attract and retain employees.
- Administers company’s benefit program, including record keeping, reviewing service agreements, communicating plan changes, etc.
- Act as point of contact for managers and employees on employee relations issues.
- Administers leave programs such as sick leave, short-term disability and leaves offered under the ESA.
- Administers WSIB processes, such as receiving accident reports, submitting WSIB forms, liaising with WSIB claims managers and third-party disability managers to identify early and safe return to work opportunities.
- Assist in planning employment training and development program.
- Creates and analyses reports related to recruitment, headcount, workforce planning, benefit costs, etc.
- Contributes to various HR related initiatives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Diploma or degree in human resources management or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of human resources experience.
- Full cycle recruiting experience required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound knowledge of HR legislation, including provincial employment standards.
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience with an HRIS system.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- CHRP/CHRL designation or working towards designation is preferred.
Interested candidates, please send your resume in confidence to Cherrie Chawla at firstname.lastname@example.org