Materials Coordinator/Shipping and Receiving
Location: Barrie, ON
Pay Rate: $18 per hour
Shift: Day shift
Avery Human Resources is hiring for a qualified Material Coordinator. This is a full time day shift opportunity with a growing company!
- Counterbalance forklift experience
- Shipping and receiving experience
- Experience with BOL and securing freight rates
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Manage facilities with respect to coordinating materials including inventory, preparing shipments and scheduling of shipments.
- Perform slitting and packaging of mother rolls to child rolls of material.
- Responsible for cleanliness and tidiness in slitting “areas”. Responsible for child rolls packaging for future sale.
- Maintain inventory levels for all shipping supplies (burlap, cartons, pallets etc.) and products.
- Utilize various hand tools and maintenance/ warehouse materials needed in order to perform the task.
- Assembles shipments, cut product requirements, packs goods with tape or straps to be shipped as per standards and to minimize shipping damage, take pictures and record contents manually and/or in computer system.
- Affixes identifying information and shipping instructions such as labels, and markings and ensures the information is accurate.
- Determines how many trucks are needed, the amount of time and the price to deliver the customers product (obtain rate quote).
- Inspects and verifies incoming goods against invoices. Records shortages and notifies the Purchasing Manager, Project Manager and/or Plant Manager of damaged goods and obtains instructions from the management group, on how to handle damaged receipts.
- Working with the Plant Manager & Shipping Warehouse Leader to determine shipment requirements and inventory levels for upcoming projects.
- Produce labels for in bound and out bound material.
- Booking trucks for inbound and outboard deliveries (as required).
- Unpack code and deliver goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Maintains internal, manual or computerized inventory record-keeping systems.
- Responsible for coordinating inventory and R&D projects warehouse for staging and shipping purposes.
- Operate forklift, hand trucks, and dollies to load, unload, transport and store goods as per operating and safety standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that the customer’s product is delivered on time and to the right destination.
- Assist R&D team on projects by building the prototypes and preparing the materials for preliminary trials.
- Works with Director of Engineering and R&D team on production runs at the facility including coordinating of raw materials, importing of elements to meet production demands and overall communication with Material Manager
- Maintains complete knowledge of and complies with company and departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintains client and company confidence by keeping information confidential and secure.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with team members and management in a team environment.
- Sets-up and organizes individual work area with designated supplies, forms and resource materials while maintaining cleanliness at all times.
- Ensures a safe environment at all times.
To apply, please send your resume to Amrit Chahil at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 905-247-0280 for more information.