Our Client a biotechnology company that creates and manufactures innovative technologies and life-science tools designed to revolutionize biology. The company focuses on the most pressing needs in transnational and clinical research, including cancer, immunology and immunotherapy.
Job Title: Software Developer (1 year contract)
Location: Markham, Ontario
- Take the company software to the next level. Develop a next gen .NET desktop product, and implement powerful data acquisition and analysis infrastructure, as well as delightful UI with powerful customer-facing features.
- Translate requirements into code. Work closely with product owner, UX designer, biologists and product managers to understand nuanced user needs, implement features, seek feedback, and iterate.
- Switch comfortably between front end and back end development work. Over time you should expect to become familiar with the entire code base .
- Collaborate with a team of software developers, testers and product owner using Scrum methodology.
- Understand, design and implement complex algorithms that control hardware instrumentation and/or process large data sets.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of company’s applications.
- Take ownership of a part of the product and oversee its maintainability and technical quality.
- Progressively modernize our .NET code base and introduce features at a pace appropriate to technical and marketing needs.
- Identify, analyze and resolve software issues and recommend enhancements or fixes.
- Produce architecture documents, feature requirements and design documents.
- 4+ years of .NET and C# software development experience, preferably in medical devices, scientific instrumentation, image processing, or other types of mission-critical, complex systems.
- Strong development experience in C#, .NET framework (3.5 – 4.7) and C++ for desktop applications.
- Experience with some of the following .NET technologies: WPF, MVVM, XAML, WinForms, MEF, LINQ, SQL Server, TSQL, and SSRS.
- Experience applying different architectural patterns and styles (e.g., N-Tier or Plugin architecture).
- Experience working with .NET multithreading, asynchronous programming patterns and event driven applications.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology, unit testing (e.g. NUnit), code repositories (e.g., Git, Azure DevOps), coding standards, code reviews, team tools (e.g., JIRA, Slack), and software testing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent practical judgement; when facing hard problems you should know when to amp up efforts and when to suggest easier alternatives.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Post-secondary education background in Biology, Chemistry or Physics
- Experience working with mass spectrometry, flow cytometry, microscopy or similar scientific products
- Working knowledge of digital imaging and digital signal processing
- Experience with hardware integration and hardware communication protocols (e.g., USB, TCP/IP, RS232)
- Experience with WIX installer projects.
- Experience working within a medical device environment (e.g., ISO 13485, IEC 62304)
Interested candidates, please send your resume in confidence to Cherrie Chawla at firstname.lastname@example.org