The Tool Repair Technician Position has a key role in evaluating and repairing tools that come through the Tool repair centre. The technician will be servicing, repairing or replacing parts and tools on a regular basis.
Salary: 47K-78K (depending on experience)
Location: Vaughan, On
- Inspect and evaluate tools that have been brought in for servicing.
- Provide an estimate to the customer for the repair of the tool.
- Service and replace defective parts required to complete the repair.
- Disassemble and reassemble tools through the inspection process.
- Test and adjust repaired products to ensure it is full functioning.
- Maintain records of all repairs and assist in inventory control.
- Maintain shop cleanliness as well as personal work area.
- Work alongside the Tool repair coordinator to ensure the adequate parts are ordered.
- Work alongside the shipping department to coordinate the pickup of repaired tools.
- Responsible for garbage disposal, cardboard recycling, and the disposal of broken products in accordance with store policy.
- Responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment.
- Plays an active role in the team by openly sharing opinions and ideas on how to improve the fill process, and by participating in meetings and all training as required.
- Engages in learning activities and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
- Complies with company, store, and warehouse policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., hygiene, grooming) when interacting with others.
- Completes other tasks, as required by manager or supervisor.
- 1-3 years of general tool service or similar experience is required
- Experience and knowledge with tools within the construction industry
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Accountability & Dependability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Quality Orientation
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate computer skills
- Comfortable working alongside departments in a professional manner.
- Work experience in a warehouse environment is an asset
- Profound understanding of health and safety
To apply please send resume to Melissa – email@example.com