Our client is recognized as a leading and innovative recycler and distributor of metal products. The company services a strong core customer base in Canada with a presence in all Ferrous and Non-Ferrous markets across North America. This role is responsible to perform preventative maintenance, repairs, inspections and fabrication for Company Trucks.
Job Title: Truck Mechanic
Location: North York, ON
Shift: Mon-Thur – 2:30pm – midnight.
Friday: 12pm – 9:00pm.
(some weekend work may be required)
- Maintain company trucks/trailers.
- Perform preventative maintenance and CVI inspections on trucks/trailers.
- Perform scheduled repairs on trucks/trailers.
- Ensure running repairs are performed on trucks/trailers as per pre/post inspections.
- Repair forklifts, skid steers and cranes where possible.
- Complete all required paperwork as per legislative requirements.
- Maintain inventory of parts and order as required.
- Support drivers and machine/equipment operators with technical knowledge.
- Teach apprentices.
- 310T certification.
- English fluency.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with the following systems: electrical systems, landing gear assemblies and truck frames, hitching/coupling systems, trailer bodies, suspensions, tires, wheels, hubs/axles, air braking systems.
- Medium to high level of physical exertion is required; repetitive, continuous lifting to 40 kg.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Reliable and safety conscious with a teamwork attitude.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary including excellent benefits and performance-based increases.
- A great team to learn from and unlock growth and career opportunities.
- A commitment to your health and safety and those CMI impacts.
- A chance to give back to the environment and contribute to sustainability.