Our Hamilton area client is the leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products.
On their behalf we are hiring PERMANENT Warehouse Shipping associates.
Current availability on NIGHTS and ROTATING shifts.
Pay rate: From $18.00 per hour, plus premiums!
- Ship, receive and record the movements of incoming or outgoing materials.
- Work both as a member of crew and individually, under minimal supervision.
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines.
- Operate a variety of shipping equipment (e.g. Push Truck) to load, unload, transport, and store materials into appropriate areas (e.g. Trailers)
- Prepare tickets using the Oracle software system
- Maintain internal, manual or computerized record keeping system
- Unpack, breakdown, code, and route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Record shortages and reject damaged goods
- Inspect and verify incoming or outgoing goods against invoices or other documents
- Inspect shipping equipment, machines, and tools; report all malfunctions to supervisors
- Collect empty trays and refill Tray Unstacker; ensure sufficient supply of trays
- Adhere to Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Actively participate in, and report all Health & Safety/Quality issues to Shift Supervisor/QA
- Other duties as required
Days: 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
Aft: 3:30 pm to 11:30 pm
Nights: 11:30 pm to 7:30am
- able to lift 50 lbs. or more unassisted
- physically fit and able to bend/push/pull/lift heavy loads
- able to stand up to 8 hours per day
- working in variable temperatures, sometimes very hot
- must be fully vaccinated (two doses) against Covid-19
Please submit your resume to Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 905-247-0272.