Our client, located in Bolton; Ontario is looking to hire a Production Supervisor with Manufacturing experience. This is a FULL TIME – Permanent Opportunity.
Manages operations of production areas to ensure that volume, cost, waste, and quality standards are achieved. Follows overall production schedules to manage staffing and establish daily and shift production goals. Monitors shift production metrics to identify and resolve issues and implement process improvements. Coordinates maintenance, turnarounds, and downtime for efficiency and speed. Ensures that staff training processes, equipment, gear, and tool requirements are fulfilled to comply with health and safety regulations. Coaches’ teams in best practices to provide a safe and efficient. work environment and resolve escalated issues and problems.
- Develop and supervise shift supervisors and employees.
- Provide performance management counseling and/or progressive discipline in a timely
- Take initiative and exercise timely and good judgment in day-to-day business
- Schedule employees and productions shifts with a multi-shift
- Focus on production efficiency and minimizing plant waste. Maintain and improve product quality
- Be flexible, capable, and willing to be “hands on” to perform any other
- or production-related task, as the circumstances
- Communicates clear expectations for work outcomes to team
- Schedules overtime or hiring temporary staff members to meet production goals or handle seasonal workloads.
- Manages employee performance to ensure that they are meeting standards and completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Escalates concerns about an employee’s performance to the plant
Safety, Training & Processes:
- Responsible for supporting a safe, respectful, and productive work
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow GMPs, Food Safety and Health &Safety
- Assist in accident investigation and take an active role in WSIB case management and ensuring early and safe return of injured workers to modified and/or productive duties.
- Ensures that Safety, Production and Accuracy standards are met and provides attention to all production processes to ensure they are carried out in agreement with safety and policies.
- Provides JHSC recommendations or MOL work
- Strong knowledge of Packaging Equipment, processing, and hands on experience with troubleshooting an asset
- 5-7 years of experience supervising in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in MS Suite – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize in fast-paced
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate information
- Ability to work collaboratively as a
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Fast learner and quick thinker
- Results oriented with a problem-solving
- Bachelor’s degree is
- Salary: $35 per hour
- Vacation (4% vacation pay)
- Personal Days
- Day shift – MUST be flexible to work other shifts and weekends when needed.
All interested applicants please submit your resume to Jenn – email@example.com